Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark (UHD Blu-ray Disc)
A new version of this program will be released on May 15, 2023. Owners of this older version will qualify for upgrade pricing.
Whether you’re a home theater novice or a professional calibrator, you’ll find all the tests you need to set up and adjust your HDTV in the Spears and Munsil HD Benchmark.
Previous editions of the HD Benchmark have been recommended by the New York Times, Home Theater Magazine, Widescreen Review, and dozens of other print and online publications. This new edition contains all-new patterns optimized for high dynamic range, wide color gamut and Ultra HD resolution
Key features include:
- Calibration patterns to help set up displays for optimal clarity
- Evaluation patterns for motion, sharpness, color alignment and more
- Original demonstration material finished in 8K HDR
- Demonstration material provided in HDR and SDR for evaluation
- Extensive selection of patterns for the professional calibrator
- All HDR patterns available in 600, 1000, 2000, 4000 and 10000 cd/m² versions
The Spears and Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark is the most accurate and comprehensive HDR test disc available anywhere. Every pattern was created using our exclusive ultra-high precision software tools and represents the state of the art in video reproduction.
- Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark does not include blue filters from the SDR era for the simple fact that blue filters don't work on HDR displays. Utilize the blue-filter/blue-only mode that is offered on some displays, or use the accurate reference materials to verify color
- All documentation is available online only and may vary by display. Visit the S&M website periodically to check for updated user guides.
- While there are many patterns that are usable by consumers, this disc also includes many more professional patterns that require instrumentation. Please ensure that this is what you want prior to ordering.
- While opened discs are not returnable, defective or damaged discs can be exchanged.